Sunday, 26 October 2014
Kicking off with this Vintage page. Made for a challenge to reflect something about you at this time in a page. Being very enthusiastic about sewing I went with that as a theme.
Using a photo of Benjie after a swim at Teignmouth on our Holiday this year.
Our gorgeous little Niece Bella Rose all dressed up for a special day. Had a go at making my own papers for this one.
My Great Nephew Jensen who love to pose for the camera!
Made for the Picture Play challenge on Daisytrail. Credits - CarolineBlue for tube and digi kit is Silent Sea from Mystique.
Made for an 'I Spy' Challenge at Daisytrail - my K was for King. Credits - Charmed Cards & Crafts for the Elvis image.
Made for a word challenge on Daisytrail. Credits - Liledekahlan.
Playing with a grungy style for this image from CarolineBlue.
Just messing about with an Oriental style page. Credits - CarolineBlue for tube.
This one was made for a Lace Challenge at Daisytrail. Credits - Liledekahlan for tube.
Another Alpha Word Challenge at Daisytrail and a tube from CarolineBlue.
Word Challenges are one of my favorite things, can you tell? Using some old vintage images picked up on my blog travels for this page.
Made for the Daisytrail Alpha Challenge - Credits CarolineBlue for tube.
Put together for the Inspiration Station Challenge at Daisytrail. Credits MCS 'A Little Bit of Folk' CD.
Another Picture Play Challenge entry at Daisytrail.
Finally a card front design for a Get Well card. Credits - Polkadoodles Work & Play CD 1. These Work & Play CD's are so useful, I have 1 - 4 and am now after 5 & 6!
Thanks for the visit.
Thursday, 21 August 2014
I have been looking at the oversize chiffon tops for a while and thought I could probably make my own pattern up. I had a go at the weekend and it worked a treat. I was really pleased with the way it fitted and draped gonna make me a drawer full I think!! Just managed to buy an end of roll in a black white and grey chevron at 99 pence a metre so I may be busy!!
Saturday, 9 August 2014
I managed to make my own pattern for a Mermaid skirt (comes in at the knees and flares out again to the ankles to balance the hips). Made by following a tutorial from Shari Williams 'My Daily Threadz' blog. Made using a zebra print Cotton Jersey Lycra fabric remnant. It feels lovely on - I am loving this one a lot!
Another couple of dresses made as well, played around with the neckline a little.
That's all I managed for this week.
That's all I managed for this week.
Saturday, 2 August 2014
Sharing Kimono Jacket Version 3 - my own pattern, longer jacket, bigger kimono sleeves and fringe detail to hem. Fabric is a soft crinkle polyester. Had ro keep coming back to this one, originally the front didn't lay right, so I picked a pair of scissors up and altered the shape and width of the front pieces, happier with it now.
To fill in the gaps between thinking about the jacket and altering it I ran up another couple of dresses. I got a large box of Jersey remnants off EBay and still have a huge pile to make up.
Made one round neck and one V neck - need the practice with the V necks, it's not always easy to get them to sit right.
Tuesday, 29 July 2014
Here is what was sitting on my desk waiting to be made up. Kimono Jacket Version 1 made using New Look pattern 6217 as a base. My fabric remnant was slightly short so I shortened it slightly and squared of the rounded front. Made using a remnant of Crepe de Chine.
This is Version 2 - I made this using a pattern that I drew myself, very easy, just three different sized rectangles. This one has the sleeves set in for a dropped off the shoulder look. This was made from a peach skin polyester fabric.
Plus another Bodycon dress made using Cotton Jersey Lycra remnant and my trusty McCalls 6886 pattern. Neck has been altered again so that it's not too low and not too high.
Saturday, 26 July 2014
Sharing this weeks 'makes' - beginning with this fab retro comic jersey remnant that I found on EBay. I didn't think I could carry a dress off in this so I decided to go with an off the shoulder top with straps. Pattern used - Simplicity 1613.
Secondly - this sleeveless jersey dress. It had to be sleeveless because I didn't quite have enough fabric for the sleeves. I used McCalls 6886 again my trust favorite. I did alter the neckline though - the pattern has a V neck, high round neck or low scoop neck and I wanted a round neck somewhere in between the high and the scoop.
Another Mcalls 6886 - this time with the V neck. The project siting on my sewing table for next time - a kimono jacket. Moving onto these as I need a pile of them!!!
Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Had a lovely day out with hubby today. We went to Burghley House - one of England's greatest Elizabethan Houses.
It was right up hubby's street because there was a Deer park.
The inside of the house was amazing with so much art, the place took my breath away. Below are some pics of the walls and ceilings.
My favorite room in the old houses is always the kitchen.
Some of the gorgeous textiles and tapestries.
Just a few of the pics taken on the day.